Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer's here? What?

Creating their own shade with blankets over the chairs!



Well, I guess I better get on board. Summer is officially here. It is a love/hate relationship I have with summer. I love going to the pool, I love BBQ's (although we do that year round), I like traveling, but it's hard to love the heat! Oh well, it looks like my kids are ready!



Other fun things have happened lately. Here are a few:


Travis loves his legos and he makes the coolest things! Here he is with a star fighter of some sort!


Losing some teeth!




Makenna exercising with Mom.
(Mom not as cute when exercising so clearly not in the picture!)




This IS at City Hall, not an ad for lawnmowers, as it appears.
I wanted them to take a picture by the City Hall sign,
but this is what you get when you are not there to direct!
Cute either way!



Travis got to go with Derek to Take Your Kid to Work Day a few weeks ago. He stayed for the whole day and had fun! Who doesn't have fun when you get pizza for lunch?!

Talking on the mic at the City Council Chambers!



The other fun thing lately is that Thomas is very much on the move! He loves to roll around in his walker and can go all over the house! I especially love it when he rolls into my ankles repeatedly while I am working in the kitchen!



Stuck under the computer desk!



A smile finally caught on camera!



Can somebody get me outta here?




Making his way past the couch and carpet, onto the wood floor!




Ready to to get going!

He actually has crawled a bit, for like 2 or 3 crawls, but he mostly army crawls and now he goes all over the house! The kids think it is hilarious and they tease him with toys to get him to come to them! He is fun, but I think I am in for it. Thomas is a very curious kid!

5 comments:

The Price Fam said...

Fun Times! Love the kids' creativity with the man-made shade and the star fighter! Little man on the move - now you are really outnumbered! Keep him in the walker as long as possible! haha

mike and chenoa said...

That picture of Thomas lying on his back reminds me of the one we have of Mike and Derek next to each other in similar poses as babies. I can see the resemblance between Thomas and Derek. Have you seen that pic?

MelTheo said...

Tank is a mover and a shaker. He will probably be walking before Skye even crawls. Great pics!

Erin said...

Thomas is too cute! They all are actually. I bet your summer will be a blast...hot, but fun!
Thanks so much for the text you sent me when William was born. It was such a fun surprise, and so great to hear from you! Thanks for doing that! I can't remember if you have the info for our blog (it's private, so I have to send an invite). If you want it, email me at erin hakes at hotmail.com and I'll send you the link via blogger.

Danielle said...

I love the picture of Thomas crawling! Too cute!! I have the same love hate feelings about summer.