Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, sleep, and stuff

It seems that a lot of things have happened in the last week, so this is a post about it all!

It has been so fun getting ready for Christmas. My favorite things this year have been 1) having Thomas. He makes it so that I have to slow down a bit and not worry about doing every little thing that goes through my head. He is growing fast and he is doing great! (more on that later). And 2) I am loving how Travis and Makenna are understanding the story of Christ's birth more this year. We acted out the story during a FHE early in the month and they asked questions and they will play and act it out themselves. We also have a Little People nativity set that they can play with to their hearts content and they love to play with it. (I also love that we put it away until next Christmas so that they will still love it then!)





What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't write about the SNOW?!? It was fun, for sure! The day it came down, the kids and I pulled out our cold weather bucket and bundled up to go out in it as it was coming down. We built our little snowman that we thought for sure would get us on the 6:00 news, but whatever. Makenna stuck out her tongue to catch snowflakes and said "mmm, tastes like sugar." (She couldn't truly be our kid unless she quoted movies!) Then later when Derek got home the kids went out in it again. I guess the frost bitten fingers were still numb, so why not? I love our Holiday house all covered in snow!

The kids having hot chocolate after round 1 of playing!

Our little man of snow! The thing I can't believe is we still actually have snow- a little in the front yard and some in the back- in the areas that don't get lots of sun. It was very fun to get the snow but I am so grateful that we had it and now it's gone. I remember shoveling a long driveway and sidewalks of our home in Salt Lake when we were trying to sell it. It snowed every night it seemed like and I had to shovel every morning. I got tired of that real quick!


Another crazy little thing that happened a few days ago - we had this little visitor IN THE HOUSE! Makenna went to her room and let out a shriek saying there was a lizard on her bed. Derek and I thought she was just messing around, that it was a toy or something. But sure enough, when Derek went back there to see, it was a real lizard on top of her comforter. GROSS! It took a minute for Derek to catch him but here he is in the cup he was caught in. We let him back out into the back yard to eat other bugs for us! (this was before the snow- we probably sent him back out to his frozen death!) There has been no shortage of critters in the house lately. About 2 weeks after Thomas was born, we had a scorpion right in the middle of our family room. It was on the wood floor so he met his maker before any photos were snapped.

And for the best news of all, it has been 3 nights in a row that Thomas has slept from 11:30 pm to 6:30 am. (knock on wood) and he is in bed right now as well! That is a full night of rest for me! I love it when my babies start getting into their little routines and sleeping in their beds all night. It is great!

Good night cutie pie!





7 comments:

Ross Family said...

Wow it sounds like you guys have had such a fun month. Thomas is already looking so much bigger. It's crazy how fast they change. Congrats on the sleep we will keep our fingers cross. We love and miss you guys

MelTheo said...

7 hours in a row sleeping! I am totally jealous, no wonder you look so fantastic!

The Price Fam said...

Crazy snowy weather! Your house looks so cool with it all covered and your lights look great - so it's not totally a Griswald house!
So don't tell me about the critters! It's my biggest hesitation about our move to AZ.
Love Little Thomas - I just want to squeeze him. Your kids always have the best cheeks.
Stay warm. love you!

Steve and Ash said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys got!! Crazy! Looks like the kids had fun playing in it!! I can only imagine Makenna's reaction!! Little Thomas is so cute!! Hope he's still sleeping for you!! Have a good Christmas!! We love you guys!!!

Mythreesons said...

Every time I hear a story about a scorpion in someone's house or yard, i want to DIE! I've lived here for 8 years and yet to see one so I live in daily terror that there's one around the corner. I hate that they are around here. And yay for sleeping. What a great Christmas present.

i said...

what fun you've had!!! critters, frostbite, snowmen, and even some sleep! it's fun to see what you all are up to!

cynphil6 said...

I want to kiss your baby's cheek!
What a cute addition to an already
CUTE family!

Glad you're enjoying life!

xoxo