Monday, September 22, 2008

FYI

Just a little tip for everyone out there, NEVER ask a pregnant woman if she is having twins. If a woman is clearly pregnant, she will tell you if she is having twins (or more). People tend to ask "So, when are you due?" If a woman is having twins, she will probably at that point make it clear that she is expecting 2 babies! For the women who are having just one baby, being asked if she is having twins is INCREDIBLY RUDE! It does not make her feel good. During pregnancy, a woman's body is not all her own. It is different. The belly grows and is larger than normal. This is expected! A correct and polite response to a woman when she tells you her due date is, "Congratulations! That is very exciting! Good luck!" Any of those would be very appropriate. DO NOT look the woman up and down in shock and horror at the sight of her body and ask if she is having twins. Not a good idea. Hence the rant.

4 comments:

Collette said...

Love your blog! And you've seen me when I was really pregnant - you know I can relate to this! Bless those 10 lb babies! It makes me wonder what people are thinking!

The Price Fam said...

Give it to 'em, Sister! Or if you just want to cut to the chase, just say to the rude one..."Whatchyoulookinat?" This should be the t-shirt for those last 3 months.

Brooke said...

I agree with all of you! Mothers truly sacrifice a lot for their darling children!

In the end it is always worth it, but you never forget how physically challenging it can be!

I think your blog is terrific!

Kaydence said...

Laura,

I totally know how you feel! With all my pregnancies I've always had people ask if I was having twins. Even complete strangers! One woman - even after I told her I wasn't having twins- asked "Are you SURE?"

I've always said that asking a pregnant woman if she's having twins is the same level of insult as if you ask a not pregnant woman if she's pregnant.