Monday, June 29, 2009

Salem Spring Triathlon

Derek raced in this year's Salem Triathlon on May 30. It is a fun race to go do because Salem is so close to where Derek's parents live and it is beautiful in the spring! Last years race got rained out so this year we were hoping for great weather and we got it! It was a beautiful morning for the race and Derek did well! We (I) were happy that he wasn't ailing for very long afterward! (It's no fun to hear whining over self inflicted pain!)



The Race






The Pond





The racer





The Fans




The Finish!






The Start-
(we'll give a thousand dollars if you can pick out Derek!)

The race is actually so fun. The atmosphere is exciting even for those that are just watching. Plus, we spent lots of time trying to see if we could spot him in between the swim, bike, and run but we never could quite catch him in time for a picture. I missed the bike part entirely!

Way to go Derek! We are proud of you!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Derek is obviously the guy leading the pack. So inspired!

MelTheo said...

As I read this post while dry shoveling cereal, still in my PJ's at 10:30 a.m. - I feel just a twinge of guilt at D-rock's ambition.


Not enough to get dressed though. :)

Deanne Hill said...

Sweet! I could really use a thousand bucks right now! I can totally see Derek... it's so obvious! :) I am always so amazed at anyone who can do triathlons! Great job!