Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 7th Travis!

On March 4th we celebrated Travis' 7th birthday! How can he be 7 already?!? He has grown so much and he is starting to have more of that "older kid" look now, as opposed to the little kid/toddler look. He is getting tall and his feet are huge!

Travis' stats:

Height: 4 feet 1 inch

Weight: 53 pounds

Shoe size: 3

Favorite color: blue

Favorite game: Lego star wars (on the wii)

Favorite food: Pizza

Favorite toy: Legos



Travis has really been into Star Wars this past year so we decided to make an R2D2 cake this year.
Beginning stages- ready for the final coat of frosting



After several hours of work- getting the frosting colors just right, taking breaks to re-cool the frosting because my kitchen was apparently too hot, piping the frosting onto the cake and making a GIANT mess of my kitchen- I think we got it right....


Ta Da! Meet the newst member of the family!
(until he was devoured after the photo shoot)



It was fun for me to make this for Travis and he loved it! I do love making fun cakes even thought it takes me FOREVER and I am not very skilled. (One of my favorite shows is Ace of Cakes on food network- they make the most fun cakes!)




Overall, Travis had a great birthday! We had a fun family party and he was excited to get a couple of presents! He is a very sweet boy and a wonderful big brother!



Happy Birthday Travis! We love you so much!





12 comments:

Paul and Ines said...

I love your cake...i have to have the directions for my Star Wars lover here :)

Danielle said...

That cake is amazing! Do you take special orders?!!!

i said...

how DARE anyone eat your lovely cake!? j/k i LOVE it! and i bet he did too.:)

ShaLayne said...

Happy Birtday Travis!! I love the cake. You are very talented.

MelTheo said...

Trav is getting so big! And that cake seriously rocked. And you think you can't cook...

Ross Family said...

Laura you are so awesome that cake is so great. There is NO WAY could have pulled that off. Your such a great mama. Anyways we love and miss you guys and will be seeing you in a few short months YAY. Hope all is well :)

Steve and Ash said...

Happy Birthday Trav!!
Laura! That cake is so amazing! Looks like you guys had some fun!! your hair looks really good!! Take care! Love ya guys!!

The Price Fam said...

Way to go Martha!! LOVE the cake! (I love Ace of Cakes too!) We LOVE you, Travis!! Happy Birthday to the big guy, our #1 cousin! What a cool mom he has, too!

Kirsten said...

Laura, that cake is amazing. You are raising the bar a bit high, next year he will want C3P0, or the Death Star, or the Millennium Falcon, or an ewok, or a storm trooper, or Jabba the Hut, or Darth Vadar, or a light saber, or Hans Solo frozen in carbonite, or... :)

Happy Birthday Travis!

Cairen said...

That's an awesome cake! I admire Moms who make their kids cool cakes... maybe one year I will try it!

mike and chenoa said...

Just saw your blog link on Kirsten's blog. Mike and I had no idea you'd had another baby. We'd been wondering why you hadn't been up to this part of Idaho and looked us up. I guess now we know why! Congrats on Thomas and Congrats to Travis on his b-day. That's an amazing cake!

Laura said...

Hi Mike and Chenoa! Thanks for leaving a comment! How are you guys? And the baby? We'd love to hear what you've been doing- can you send us an invite to your blog? our email is ldtmallen@cox.net