I think I have only ever responded once to one of these tags on an email even though I have received many of them. But since my good friend Melissa asked me to, I will, even if it means she has more ammunition to tease me with. So, here it goes. (warning: this will likely be boring so save it for your night time reading just before you need to snooze)
A. Four songs I loved as a child and still adore
1. It is actually very funny that one of Melissa's songs was by the Oak Ridge Boys because I thought that I was the only one who thought they were great. My favorite song of theirs was "Elvira" (let the teasing begin). It has phrases like, "my heart's on fire" and the guy with the very deep voice added a little "bop, bop" type of stuff to it. Good times. (and it is not that I still adore this one- I just remember liking it)
2. Captain and Tenille- Love will keep us together
I would play this record over and over and over and make any of our childhood friends who happened to come to our house also listen to it many, many times. I can still sing every word. (really, it is quite catchy)
3. Dan Seals - I wanna bop
Ok, now it seems that I have a liking for songs that say "Bop" (luckily I was way older when those pesky Hanson bros. came up with theirs) but this is another classic country song that was very catchy to me. It was when I was still in elementary school and my dad took a clogging class and I remember him clogging to this song. I thought it looked so fun.
4. Anything by the Beach Boys
It is funny that the other day we were at the Sunset pumpkin patch with our kids and they were playing Beach Boys songs and I knew every one. I realized that it was the Beach Boys Greatest hits, like the CD I had when I was a kid. It was one of the first CD's our family had when CD's first came out. (yes, to all you young'ns, we had to use cassette tapes before that) So, songs like "Help me Rhonda" and "Little Deuce Coupe" were just a couple of them.
4 1/2. So I have to add one more. Maybe I shouldn't. Ok, I will. Another of our first CD's was Milli Vanilli. (you know you had it too) Blame it on the Rain. There is another one, but I can't remember it. So what if those two yeahoos weren't the ones singing. Whoever was singing, it was good. (sort of)
B. Four friends I had as a child that I still contact
1. I sadly have to say that I have not kept in touch with any of my childhood friends, even friends from high school. There are some people from my childhood that are my mom's friends that she tells me about every now and then, but none of the kids. I keep in touch with my college friends, Brenda (frequently) and Amy and Hilary (once in a while). Then of course, my siblings, who I am so glad that we are close, even though we each live in different states right now. They are the most important friends to me.
C. Four weaknesses I had as a child that I still have
1. White bread- who didn't love Wonder bread?
2. Reese's peanut butter cups- mini ones
3. Being bossy/ Controlling- (my siblings are in total agreement right now)
4. Low pain tolerance- My mom used to brush my hair and I had a very tender head and it hurt so bad. (And now my daughter is the same- imagine that!) I can't imagine giving birth without an epidural!
D. Four (or 3) strengths I had as a child that I still have
1. Sticking to what I believe in- This was most apparent in high school when I was involved with athletics. I was shocked (and naive) as a freshman after our team won the state championship that many of the girls were going to party and drink. I could not believe that "state championship athletes" would do that to their bodies. I was devastated. Then after we won it all again for the next 2 years, every one of them knew how I felt about what they did (though it did not stop them) and they never tried to pressure me to join in. I have never been tempted to drink.
2. Being stubborn- this could also be under the weakness category or the same as number 1 above. Sometimes it is a problem, but sometimes it is good (especially when I get my way!)
3. Social- Although I had many insecurities that lead to being shy, I still had many friends and I guess you could say that I can make friends easily. It really pays off now as we live so far from family and I rely on the friends I have for lots of support! And I'll never turn down a social opportunity to stay home and finish housework! That can always be done later!
E. Four people I would tag
I don't really know many who would even see this blog to respond. So, the only ones I am tagging are my siblings and their spouses! I hope both of each couple will do it so I can get to know more about the in laws!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago




2 comments:
You rock! I can't believe you love the Oak Ridge Boys too! (notice I am using the present tense, don't bother denying it - just embrace it!) That is so awesome...I love you more than ever now!
Laura, It was great visiting with you at the picnic. You have a beautiful family and you are an amazingly beautiful & happy pregnant woman. I was so tired and cranky by the end. I look forward to getting to know you & your family more. Glad your in the ward!
Post a Comment